Scotty and I just left a rally held at the Indianpolis International Airport. John McCain spoke behind the international arrivals terminal before a crowd of hundreds wearing Republican red.
We got there around 2pm, parked, and took a shuttle bus over to the terminal. We hadn't called ahead, we didn't have a ticket (apparently required), but we flashed our sweet Channel 7 IDs and they gave us press passes. After going through metal detectors (of course Scotty got frisked as a likely threat), we set up our camera and waited for McCain to arrive.
His plane landed (it actually has "Straight Talk Express" written on the side) and he walked down the stairs to "Eye of the Tiger" and huge applause. Chants of "Use Your Brain, Vote McCain," and "USA, USA!" filled the air.
McCain only talked for about twenty minutes, urging listeners to believe and keep working hard for victory, which he said was surely his. His exit music was White Snake's "Here I Go Again," which was an interesting choice. I can't really see McCain in acid-washed jeans, strumming his air guitar to 80s music. Anyway, we took the shuttle bus back to the lot, collected a few interviews, and hit the road.
Keep your eyes peeled tonight for a video story about the rally. We're on the road again, heading to northern Indy, trying to crash a Republican and Democrat campaign headquarters to see their last minute preparations.
Roll on,
Drew
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
The rally was fantastic!People were on their feet cheering long before Sen.McCain arrived. Seeing him fly in overhead on his plane was incredible. I had never been to political rallies before, and tho I had gone to Gov. Palin's in Noblesville IN, I wasn't prepared for how I felt when Sen. McCain stepped out of the plane. What a rush of emotion. Right then I had the feeling that I was witnessing history and that McCain will win. Can't explain it other than it was the emotion of the moment. And unlike a lot of other people...I usually an not one to be in awe of "famous people". McCain's speech was enthusiastic and it did convince me that he too believes that we just might come from behind to win. I have been very inspired by Sen. McCain these past months. He took a big risk in putting Gov. Palin on the ticket but it paid off as she has brought real energy to the campaign.I feel that she will be President of this nation some day. Sen. McCain has the vision and wisdom to include a woman on the ticket,Sen. Obama didn't. As a woman I feel we have been the under-represented majority and now we just could see a woman in the White House. This is the best country in the world and what a better message to send through out the world than women are valued enough in this country to be put into the second highest office! God's speed John and Sarah.
I really enjoy to read your post.
Iraqi Dinar
Post a Comment